Gifts by Marriage Settlements

If you wish to give your husband or wife a very valuable gift (e.g. jewellery, car, real property), whose value represents a considerable part of your property, you must draw up a so-called settlement of gift on your spouse for his/her sole use and benefit. Such document is a condition for considering the transfer of gift to be valid in the relationship between you and your spouse and in relation to any creditors.

You can read more about marriage contracts under Separate property and Pensions or return to Marriage Contracts.


Should you have any questions to the above, please feel free to contact us by telephone +45 7015 1000 or email to: